Date:      Mon, 26 Nov 2001 07:46:47 -0000
From:      "Kjell" <kmidtset@c2i.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Dumb UPS support under FreeBSD?

List members!

I am looking for a program that will work with my (Liebert) dumb UPS
that will perform an orderly shutdown of my computer by power fail, and
turn it back on again when power returns.

I have spent some time with the bkpupsd program, and found that it
turns the UPS off at the same time it calls shutdown. Thus shutdown
does not get time to sync discs etc.. This renders bkpupsd useless for
machines with both latching (AT) and soft (ATX) power switches.

I have found the mgeupsd and upsd programs in the ports collection.
Does anyone have any experience with these programs?

Are there any other programs I may use? After some modification?

Regards from Kjell (LA3SG)