Date:      Sun, 18 Dec 1994 22:14:36 +0900 (JST)
From:      Atsushi Murai <amurai@spec.co.jp>
To:        guido@gvr.win.tue.nl (Guido van Rooij)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bidirectional ports

> Hi all: I am having problems with my bidirectional ports:
> they seized working after upgrading form 1.1 to 2.0:
[deleted]
> In another try, I disabled the getty and did a reboot. After that I could
> open cua02 but I could not speak with the modem, nor could I close tip
>
> Do you know what I am doing wrong here?
>
> Would you be so kind to mail me your etc/serial and tty settings??

Here is my setup for bidirectional setting with 2.0R. This is working
well for call out/call back by uucp system and ppp with OKI-PCLINK
ISDN v110 TA.

*** in /etc/ttys ****
# Dialin terminals
ttyd1   "/usr/libexec/getty std.38400"  dialin  on  secure

*** ls -l /dev/ttyd1 /dev/cua01 ***
crw-------  1 root  wheel    28,   1 Dec 18 21:31 /dev/ttyd1
crw-rw----  1 uucp  dialer   28, 129 Dec 18 21:41 /dev/cua01

*** in /etc/rc.serial ***
echo -n ' comcontrol #1' ; stty -f /dev/ttyd1 -clocal crtscts

That's all ;-)

Atsushi.
--
Atsushi Murai                                       Internet: amurai@spec.co.jp
System Planning and Engineering Co,.Ltd.            Voice   : +81-33833-5341