Date:      Tue, 24 Jun 2003 21:54:18 +0800
From:      Zhang Zhen Yu <>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   my question about "arplookup"

Hello, everyone.
I'm a beginner to FreeBSD.
After a successful installion, I receive the message
"kernel: arplookup 192.168.0.35 hostname do not exist in the local network"
This message appears per sixteen minutes.
And now I've known that the machine whost ip is 192.168.0.35 as above is
really in my lan. But what I don't understand is that:
1. why arplookup send such a msg to me?
2. how can I know the difference between 192.168.0.35 and others?(there are
thiry or more machine around me and most of them have a static IP)
Thanks.