Date:      Thu, 16 Jul 1998 17:31:25 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Adrian Penisoara <ady@warpnet.ro>
To:        Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        Matt Behrens <matt@megaweapon.zigg.com>, imap-uw@freebsd.ady.ro, FreeBSD ports <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: imap-uw security hole -- please update port

Hi,

On Thu, 16 Jul 1998, Steve Price wrote:

> I'd be glad to take a look at this tonight when I get
> back in town.  In the meantime I have cc:'d the maintainer
> of the port, so if he has time to do some quick tests and
> get back with me I would appreciate it.

 Thanks.

> Thanks, Steve
>
> On Thu, 16 Jul 1998, Matt Behrens wrote:

[...]
> # Just after Pine 4.00 was released, we were made aware of a security
> # problem with the imapd server that is included in the Pine 4.00
> # distribution. This will be fixed in the Pine 4.01 maintenance release, but
> # in the mean time, if you are using the UW IMAP server, please update it
> # with the following distribution:
> #
> #    ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/mail/imap.tar.Z
> #
> # We don't have new imapd binaries available yet.
> # Pine itself is not affected.
> #
> #
> # If the port could be updated I and many others would be grateful.

 The current port hasn't been updated to use the latest imapd source ball,
from what I know; I was planning to update it after I'll finish fiddling
wih the Pine4 port.
 I'll take a look at it, however, and test the current port to see if it
has security problems.

> #
> # Thank you!
> #
> # Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>
> # Founder and Chief Engineer, The OverNet Network
> # I eat Penguins for breakfast.
> #

  Thanks a lot for keeping me informed !
  Ady (@warpnet.ro)