Date:      Sat, 18 May 1996 18:21:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rob Mallory <rmallory@wiley.csusb.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   VM mega-commit: works 4me

  Nice work John, David, and the others involved in the latest
VM tune-up!!  I'd been using the fast-bcopy patch to squeeze a
few more horsepower out of my (outdated?) p-100;  this last
mega-commit shaves 2.6 mins off a make world with the bcopy-kernel!

If anyone is curious:
old        11399 real         9154 user         1230  sys
new	   11240 real         9056 user         1258  sys
              3h 7min
lmbench results look preaty nice too!!

ps: Please look into integrating the bcopy stuff in both support.s
    and libc; you can easily see the difference with something like
    the number of simultaneous QuickTime movies you can run..;)
-Rob Mallory   [rmallory@csusb.edu] [rmallory@Qualcomm.Com]