Date:      25 Feb 2002 16:38:34 +1200
From:      Stuart Tanner <stuart@sigterm.com>
To:        Danny Howard <dannyman@toldme.com>
Cc:        List FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: NFS Question

On Mon, 2002-02-25 at 16:13, Danny Howard wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 04:00:15PM +1200, Stuart Tanner wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > If I have the following in /etc/exports:
> >
> > /usr/nfsshare	-mapall=2001	host1
> > /usr/nfsshare	-mapall=2002	host2
> >
> > Does this mean that when a user on host1 writes files they will belong
> > to user 2001 on the server and users on host2 files will be written as
> > user 2002?
>
> One would think so.  What happens when you try it out?  ;)

I tried it and it appears to be the case.  I just wanted to make sure I
hadn't missed something.  I've been bitten by less than obvious behavior
from NFS in the past.

--
Stuart Tanner <stuart@sigterm.com>

Too often I find that the volume of paper expands to fill the available
briefcases.
		-- Governor Jerry Brown