Date:      Wed, 3 Apr 2002 14:39:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      "f.johan.beisser" <jan@caustic.org>
To:        Anthony Atkielski <anthony@atkielski.com>
Cc:        Pete Ehlke <pde@ehlke.net>, <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Anti-Unix Site Runs Unix

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Anthony Atkielski wrote:

> > http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/cases/f3800/msjudgex.htm#v
>
> I don't see any timeline in there, just a hundred pages of running text.

> No need for a personal attack.  You can admit that you there really isn't a
> timeline in that document, and you just threw it out in the hope that I'd be
> intimidated.  But now I'm calling your bluff.  Where's the timeline?  As a
> matter of fact, I don't think you've even read that document.  Prove me
> wrong, and point out the timeline.

looks to me like it's there, just a matter of looking for it. yes, it's a
large, and rather intimidating document, something i've never really
bothered to read, beyond the usual summeries.

as pointed out to you with the URL:

                            V.
           MICROSOFT'S RESPONSE TO THE BROWSER THREAT

    A. Microsoft's Attempt to Dissuade Netscape from Developing Navigator
       as a Platform

      79. Microsoft's first response to the threat posed by Navigator was
      an effort to persuade Netscape to structure its business such that
      the company would not distribute platform- level browsing software
      for Windows. Netscape's assent would have ensured that, for the
      foreseeable future, Microsoft would produce the only platform-level
      browsing software distributed to run on Windows. This would have
      eliminated the prospect that non-Microsoft browsing software could
      weaken the applications barrier to entry.

paragraphs 68 to 89 are fairly interesting reading, as are Sections B, and
C of part V. and yeah, it looks like a timeline to me. perhaps you wanted
one that's graphical?

  http://caustic.org/~jan                      jan@caustic.org
    "John Ashcroft is really just the reanimated corpse
         of J. Edgar Hoover." -- Tim Triche