Date:      Fri, 29 Jan 2010 17:49:40 -0500
From:      jhell <jhell@DataIX.net>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <FreeBSD-Ports@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        tdb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Patch to fix security/f-prot periodic annoyance.

--1091451658-827513871-1264803104=:3249

The following patch "commented (#) in-line and attached" fixes the
following annoyances.

Example output that it fixes:
Checking for denied zone transfers (AXFR and IXFR):
Updating f-prot definitions: Error: Network - Could not resolve host
failed.

Everything else in periodic reports are spaced and default to off/no for
ports that are installed.

-: ${fpupdate_enable="YES"}
# Do not assume the user wants this on!.
+: ${fpupdate_enable:="NO"}

  case "$fpupdate_enable" in
         [Yy][Ee][Ss])
 		# Add to make sure we do not look like a failed zone
 		# transfer. This can be confusing.
+               echo
                 echo -n "Updating f-prot definitions: "
-               /usr/local/bin/fpupdate >/dev/null
 		# If we are echoing our own output then we do not need any
 		# feedback from the program whatsoever. This causes an
 		# unseen line break to happen in the output above.
+               /usr/local/bin/fpupdate >>/dev/null 2>&1
                 if [ $? = 0 ]; then
                         echo "done."
                         rc=0

Best regards.

--

  jhell
--1091451658-827513871-1264803104=:3249
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--1091451658-827513871-1264803104=:3249--