Date:      Mon, 10 Aug 2015 01:11:27 -0700
From:      Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <m.e.sanliturk@gmail.com>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>
Cc:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>, Anthony Campbell <ac@acampbell.uk>,  Patrick Hess <patrickhess@gmx.net>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Permissions problem for sane

On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 10:16 PM, Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Why isn't this the default behaviour for the saned package? Would it
> be possible to make it just be said default behaviour?
>

> -a

When KDE or Gnome is running , or whatever reason some of their facilities
are running during a GUI set up , permissions defined in OS level are
prevented for ordinary "user" level .

When "user" needs to use some facilities , permitted for the "root" and
"user" with respect to loader.conf , or rc.conf , or other *.conf files ,
also it is necessary to define them in PolicyKit or other *Kit
configuration files .

Mostly these files are implicitly "secret" because , there was a circular
referencing for them :
In Handbook , "see KDE/GNOME sites" , from KDE/GNOME sites  "see your OS
documentation"
without any visible information about them .

In Linux , OS and these parts are synchrony in distributions because *Kit
part are completing missing parts of OS .
In FreeBSD , these *Kit's are only preventing facilities alrady present in
OS .

This situation is making FreeBSD very hard to use .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk