Date:      Fri, 20 Jun 2008 07:34:35 -0300
From:      JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   problem with nVidia nForce CK804 SATA300 controller

Hi
anybody else experience a problem with this SATA controller?

atapci1: <nVidia nForce CK804 SATA300 controller> port=20
0x9f0-0x9f7,0xbf0-0xbf3,0x970-0x977,0xb70-0xb73,0xdc00-0xdc0f mem=20
0xfe02d000-0xfe02dfff irq 21 at device 7.0 on pci0
atapci1: [ITHREAD]
ata2: <ATA channel 0> on atapci1
ata2: [ITHREAD]
ata3: <ATA channel 1> on atapci1

7.0-STABLE FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE #0: Wed Jun 18 01:27:50 BRT 2008

my amd64 crashs under heavy disk i/o as each night at 0300 daily cron, also=
=20
often after some minutes when compiling world. Also with kde and after some=
=20
flash videos (youtube) or large file copying

I do not see this problem with other sata controllers or same hardware and =
a=20
scsi adapter and this sata disabled what makes me believe it is related to=
=20
this specific sata controller

this sata controller is part of some ASUS (M2N SLI Deluxe) or Epox AM2 MBs

there is no panic at all, some seconds of hard freeze, on desktop machine t=
he=20
mouse still moves some seconds and reset, no log either, no crash dump,=20
nothing

I have no irq conflict, latest bios onboard, I also exchanged other hw part=
s=20
with no success.

Any idea?

=2D-=20