Date:      Thu, 19 Nov 1998 14:46:58 +0100 (CET)
From:      Stephane Legrand <Stephane.Legrand@wanadoo.fr>
To:        Michael Robinson <robinson@public.bta.net.cn>
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: green threads vs. native threads ...

I think that someone is working on POSIX thread kernel on FreeBSD (see
the following message posted on comp.arch.embedded, comp.realtime and
comp.programming.literate).

On the web page (http://www.cornfed.com/pk/index.html), the author
says :

"You need FreeBSD, Latex 2.09, and noweb to make the whole thing
work. For the moment, the only support you get is this:

	1.Untar the distribution using a command like tar xzvf pk.tgz
        2.In the root directory of the distribution, pk, type make.
	3.When the build completes, you'll have two files, pk.ps in
the pk/doc directory, and os in the pk/sys/src/kern directory. pk.ps
is the current documentation and os is a kernel executable image that
can be booted using the FreeBSD boot sequence."