Date:      Mon, 4 Aug 1997 10:47:57 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        andreas@klemm.gtn.com, dg@root.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Make this a relese coordinator decision (was Re: ports-current/packages-current discontinued)

> In -current?  I forsee multiple architectures, each with their own
> toolchain support (and this is going to be *fun* - NOT :-) and I see
> the make system changing substantially to make it more self-contained.

The toolchain stuff in GCC is broken.  Sure, it hides everything
under the huge, lumpy covers, but the bed you are expected to
lie in looks like hell.  The code generation needs to be decoupled
at the quad level instead of where it is (bin*bletch*utils et. al.).

I first complained about this in 1993, and submitted patches, which
were rejected.  Just like "brandelf" and "OLF".  8-(.

Has anyone ever cross-compile for an NCR Tower XP on an NCR Tower 32?

Now *THERE* was a reasonable cross-environment...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.