Date:      Wed, 25 Jun 1997 09:50:02 +0300
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        Mark Plummer <markus@nrgnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 100TX card supported?

Mark Plummer wrote:

> hey,
>
>     does anyone know of an 100BASETX card supported by 2.2.1-RELEASE
> (or even any other version)?  ISA would be preferred, but we might be
> able to find a pci bus machine for this.  please respond directly to
> me as well as the list as i don't subscribe.  thanks...
>
> markus
>
> -- Mark Plummer, markus@nrgnet.com, +1 410 905 0136

We use DC21140 based cards. Some of the newer cards based on this
chipset require a newer driver which you can download from

http://www.3am-software.com

There are also many recomendations for the Intel EtherExpress Pro 100B,
though I've never used it myself.

If you want FastEthernet, you really should go for PCI. An ISA bus will
not be able to drive the NIC at its full speed anyhow.

Nadav