Date:      Sat, 15 Sep 2012 01:34:38 +0200
From:      =?utf-8?Q?Robert_Sjon=C3=B8y?= <roberth.sjonoy@gmail.com>
To:        Olivier Smedts <olivier@gid0.org>
Cc:        "multimedia@freebsd.org" <multimedia@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Sound system developement question

Hello

Well the term I would use is jitter. Which can easily measured.

Jitter means the the bit which consists zeros and ones which are sent throug=
hout software and hardware goes in an identical pulse are interupted and the=
 zeros and the ones are sent and delivered with wrong timimg, we are speakin=
g nanoseconds, for a regular consumer audio products it mens very little but=
 is great deal terms of precisional and accurate audio(in audiophile sense e=
tc.).

Regards

Roberth Sjon=C3=B8y

On 15. sep. 2012, at 01:14, Olivier Smedts <olivier@gid0.org> wrote:

>=20
> Le samedi 15 septembre 2012, Robert Sjon=C3=B8y a =C3=A9crit :
> Hello
>=20
> When the sound system of freebsd is being developed. Is there any measurem=
ents involved conserning sound quality?