Date:      Sun, 23 Jul 2000 10:36:33 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
To:        SADA Kenji <sada@bsdclub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, trevor@jpj.net, girgen@partitur.se, lioux@uol.com.br
Subject:   Re: Kill Netscape us ports and version 4.08. (was Re: Netscape browsers us versions avail. abroad)

On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 12:54:04AM +0900, SADA Kenji wrote:
> I'm planning to use c/n-v474-us.x86-unknown-freebsd.tar.gz
> as distfiles of www/netscape47-c/n ports.
> In other words, Netscape us ports would be removed.

I've actually already upgraded the ".us" ports to 4.74.  I just need to
do the final commit.  Can you wait 1-2 days?  You can then use those to
upgrade the others.  It also gives a transition for those looking for the
128-bit ports as ".us".  After a while, then delete the ".us" versions
since they will be virutally the same as the plain versions.

> Also I'm planning to remove Netscape-4.08 ports and make
> www/netscape47-c as MASTERDIR. Anyone needs those ports today ?

I would leave 4.08 as some feel 4.X (X != 0) is bloated.  But changing
the master port certainly makes much sense.

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.com)