Date:      Thu, 25 Dec 2003 13:14:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      Arne "Wörner" <arne_woerner@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   AC'97 Audio CODEC (oboard ECS K7VMM+) / multiple simultaneous record streams

Hi!

I would like to know if FreeBSD 5.1 and the sound card "AC'97 Audio CODEC
(onboard ECS K7VMM+)" (further information
http://www.ecsusa.com/products/k7vmm_plus.html) support multiple simultaneous
record streams with only one audio card.

E. g.:
I would like to record the internal CD-audio plug signal to file A, while I
record the line-in signal to file B, and while I record the mic signal to file
C.

In the moment I can only make a whistling noise with the microphone X when I
hold it near to the speakers, while I am recording the internal CD-audio plug
signal Y (the X is not mixed into the Y; but X is mixed into the pcm stream). I
am using esd in the moment.

In the future I would like to be able to record two TV channels (video + audio)
and watch one of the channels...

Thanks!

Bye
Arne