Date:      Tue, 20 Apr 1999 22:25:54 -0500 (CDT)
From:      bahwi <bahwi@technologist.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help with ESS1869 card and PCI128 card

Hello, I have an SB PCI128 card, it doesn't seem to work at all with
FreeBSD 3.1-STABLE. If anyone has gotten it to work could you help me?

The main problem, my ESS1869 card seems to have stopped working. I have an
old kernel(From 3.0 I beleive) and when I use it the sound card works
perfectly. However, with my new kernels(3.1) the sound card seems to skip,
it plays for a second or two, then skips for a second or two, perhaps even
three. I need the new kernels as they have more options which I need,
but I would like sound. Also, the source of the original kernel from 3.0
which works was lost in an rm accident, so my current configuration could
be the problem. Thanks, if you need any more information just ask. It's
very odd as it has always worked until 3.1(perhaps after, I didn't
upgrade to 3.1 for a bit of time). Any help is appreciated, thanks. Please
e-mail me privately at bahwi@technologist.com as I am not a member of this
list.

--
bahwi@technologist.com