Date:      Thu, 6 Jul 2000 13:34:35 -0700
From:      Commissionnaires <comish@weyerhaeuser.com>
To:        "'freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Learning

I am interested in learning about the freebsd operating system, I dont have
very much exerience yet but I am motivated to learn. I have poked around
other OS but have found them unappealing to my interest, I like the concept
of free source systems like linux and have played with SUSE a little but
found the limited availability of learning materials in english a
hinderance. I have downloaded and printed the manual as of page 34 where I
came upon your invitation I decided to reach out and touch someone. I woud
like some quick advice as to what version I should install via ftp to begin
my learning, and what would be the best path to follow. I am particularily
interested in learning to program in an acceptable language and want to
concentrate on network protocols and reliable secure communications, as well
as network security and firewalls.

Thank you for any advice that you can offer.

Arnold Murphy

amurphy@sk.sympatico.ca