Date:      Fri, 28 Dec 2001 05:52:01 -0600
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
To:        Chad David <davidc@acns.ab.ca>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 802.11b PCI card problems (part II)

* Chad David <davidc@acns.ab.ca> [011227 21:39] wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 11:31:43AM -0800, Brooks Davis wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 12:10:32PM -0700, Chad David wrote:
> >
> > What you'll want to do is edit src/sys/dev/wi/if_wi.c, add an appropriate
> > entry to the definition of pci_ids for your card, and recompile your
> > kernel.  If that works, you're all set.
> >

> I took the advice, and now the attach is failing because the card doesn't
> appear to have any I/O Space (WI_PCI_IORES).  Both the local registers and
> attribute memory are in the resource list, but no IO space.  I've debugged
> it to the limits of my ability, and now any advice on how to continue would
> be welcome.
>
> hacked dmesg out:
>
> wi0: <SOHOWARE NCP130 PCI IEEE 802.11b> port 0xa400-0xa43f,0xa800-0xa80f irq 10 at device 11.0 on pci0
> wi0: about to call wi_alloc(dev, WI_PCI_IORES)
> wi0: type=1 rid=0
> wi0: type=4 rid=24
> wi0: type=4 rid=20
> wi0: type = 4, rid = 28
> wi0: No I/O space?!
> device_probe_and_attach: wi0 attach returned 6
>
> Brooks is probably at home with his family, and not reading his email like
> a sensible person, so I thought I would toss this out to the members at
> large again,  and see if anybody had any ideas... Alfred?  you are the last
> person to touch if_wi.c, doesn't that make it yours ;-).

hahaha, no.

Uh, it looks like you don't have the standard PCI card that people
are getting, mine looks like this:
wi0: <PRISM2STA PCI WaveLAN/IEEE 802.11> port 0xff00-0xff3f,0xfc00-0xfc7f mem 0xffbee000-0xffbeefff irq 11 at device 13.0 on pci0

The fact that your card doesn't have a memory map concerns me that
it's not what we're expecting.  Where is the vendor's website?
Can you ask them for more info?

--
-Alfred Perlstein [alfred@freebsd.org]
Tax deductable donations for FreeBSD: http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/