Date:      Mon, 25 Feb 2002 19:14:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, Alfred Perlstein <alfred@FreeBSD.ORG>, Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@unixdaemons.com>, Seigo Tanimura <tanimura@r.dl.itc.u-tokyo.ac.jp>, <current@FreeBSD.ORG>, John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Patch for critical_enter()/critical_exit() & interrupt assembly revamp, please review!

:
:On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:
:>     Unless an unforseen problem arises, I am going to commit this tomorrow
:>     and then start working on a cleanup patch.   I have decided to
:
:Please wait for jhb's opinion on it.  He seems to be offline again.
:I think he has plans and maybe even code for more code in critical_enter().
:I think we don't agree with these plans, but they are just as valid
:as ours, and our versions undo many of his old changes.

    I am not going to predicate my every move on permission from JHB nor
    do I intend to repeat the last debacle which held-up (and is still holding
    up) potential commits for a week and a half now.  JHB hasn't even
    committed *HIS* patches and I am beginning to wonder what the point is
    when *NOTHING* goes in.  If he had code he damn well should have said
    something on the lists two days ago.  As it is, I have invested a great
    deal of time and effort on this patch and it is damn well going to go
    in so I can move on.

						-Matt