Date:      Sat, 16 Aug 1997 16:15:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Sean Eric Fagan <sef@Kithrup.COM>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Spam harassment from a FreeBSD machine

In article <3.0.2.32.19970816184530.0097f430.kithrup.freebsd.chat@psynet.com> you write:
>That sure is an interesting implementation of anti-relay rules.  Maybe
>Spamford has gone crazy.  Probably not.  Spammers are getting crazier, or
>as this spammer says in another message, KRAZIEER.
>
>Port 23 was just a regular FreeBSD login screen.
>
>Am I the only one to get this?

No, you are not the only one (although I haven't, yet).

It is a UUNET customer.  Complain to uu.net@abuse.net.  Prepare for them to
do nothing.  Call uunet monday and ask what is being done about it.

Yes, it's a freebsd system; I sent a notice about it to Jordan earlier.  It
sucks.  (On the other hand, cyberpromo [delenda est!] runs BSD/OS, and BSDi
folks are pretty depressed at that.  Nothing they, or we, can do.  Well.
Not really.)

I don't know who he is.  People are trying to figure that out.  He will be
dealt with eventually, I suspect -- although if you see an announcement by
me saying it's time to black hole uunet, DO IT.