Date:      Thu, 12 Apr 2007 16:37:13 GMT
From:      Jeremy Messenger <mezz@FreeBSD.org>
To:        fluffy@ael.ru, mezz@FreeBSD.org, multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/111495: update graphics/libcaca

Synopsis: update graphics/libcaca

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: mezz
State-Changed-When: Thu Apr 12 16:36:45 UTC 2007
State-Changed-Why:
I have an improvement patch from your.

	http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/diff/libcaca.diff

Here's what changes that I have done in your patch:

	- Use DISTVERSION.
	- Add USE_GNOME=ltverhack that will get .so.0 instead .so.99 to fix
	  the libtool bug.
	- Add USE_LDCONFIG=yes.
	- Add --mandir=${PREFIX}/man to install manpages in the correct place.
	- Update WWWW.
	- Other small clean up.

Let me know if it works for you. I won't commit this right away, because it
will be require for me to contact other maintainers that have ports depend
on graphics/libcaca to test this patch. They might have to add a few of
patches to get these ports build with newer graphics/libcaca. I will point
them an URL[1] of guide to fix the build.

[1] http://libcaca.zoy.org/manual/migrating.html