Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 1997 14:12:21 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ld.so failed: cant find xxxx (the ld path problem in 2.2.1)

I just upgraded to 2.2.1 from 2.1.7 and am have a strange problem with
ldconfig.. No matter what, I cant seem to get ldconfig to recognize the
fact that I have shared libraries in places other than /usr/lib... As a
temp. work around, I have dont a
cd /usr/lib
lndir /usr/local/lib .

However, this of course is a major kludge!  Can anyone shed any insight
into why this is happening and how to fix it?  I have searched the mailing
archives as well as at dejanews to no avail :-(

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mike@sentex.net)           * To do is to be  -- Nietzsche
Sentex Communications Corp,              * To be is to do  -- Sartre
Cambridge, Ontario                       * Do be do be do  -- Sinatra
(http://www.sentex.net/~mdtancsa)        *