Date:      Tue, 5 Sep 2000 00:41:54 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Janko van Roosmalen <janko@compuserve.com>
To:        David.Johnston@vviuh221.vvi.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: need really good freebsd socket book

Chapter 17 "Sockets" of the "Perl Cookbook" has a lot of examples of using
sockets in Perl. Could be useful to play with or to do some prototyping.

Some sections of this chapter:
Writing a TCP client, Writing a TCP server, Communicating over TCP,
Setting up an UDP client, Setting up an UDP server, Closing a socket after
forking, Writing bi-directional clients, Forking Servers, Pre-forking
servers, Non-forking servers.

The source code of the examples can be downloaded from the O'Reilly ftp
site.

Janko van Roosmalen