Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2000 21:48:43 -1000 (HST)
From:      FreeBSD MAIL <freebsd@mauibuilt.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   ahc0: Signaled a Target Abort

I am trying to get a adaptec 3940 AUW controller to work with an
Asus Athlon motherboard (newer AMD 751 chipset) and I have tried
3.3-R 3-4R and 4.0-R and all boot untill it says,...

Waiting 15 Seconds for SCSI devices to settle
ahc0: Signaled a Target Abort  (this is after about 15 seconds)

I have no Idea what it is.. I have tried the card in every PCI slot with every
other PCI card removed.. I have played with the only PCI setting in the mother
board BIOS and I have upgraded teh 3940's bios to the latest 2.11 release.

This board and drives work fine in an older P-200 system...

if anyone has any ideas please let me know..

Thanks in advance for any reply...

Mahalo

Richard Puga
puga@mauibuilt.com