Date:      Sat, 8 Aug 1998 16:21:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        sanpei@sanpei.org, hoek@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/7509

Synopsis: ncftp-2.4.3 on packages-2.2.7 is not runable under 2.2.7-RELEASE

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: hoek
State-Changed-When: Sat Aug 8 16:14:15 PDT 1998
State-Changed-Why:
This is a known bug and can't be fixed for 2.2.7-RELEASE since a -RELEASE
is, well, -RELEASEd....

The problem results (if memory serves correctly) from ncftp2 having grabbed
a header from the ncurses port when the package was being built.  There
doesn't appear to be any work-around (I just tried forcing it to use
the libncurses.so from the ncurses port, but that core dumps).  You need
to either build ncftp2 from the source, using the port, or you need to
grab a newer ncftp2 package (I'm not sure if we have a newer one available
yet, but as you noticed, an older one works, too :).

The bug has been fixed in newer versions of the ncurses port by setting
MANUAL_PACKAGE_BUILD.

Thanks.