Date:      Mon, 14 Feb 2005 01:00:52 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc:        freebsd gnome <freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: xscreensaver farbled

--=-fxU6+U0F210Hy+cRk45v

On Sun, 2005-02-13 at 08:47 -1000, Randy Bush wrote:
> -current
> gnome2-2.8.2
> xscreensaver-gnome-4.19
>=20
> i have a random selection cycle.  used to work.  but ...
>=20
> xscreensaver is farbled, it shows solid grey and wipes out
> debug.  previews show grey too.  but i can see some previews,
> but especially not the ones which are in the random cycle.
>=20
> i moved ~/.xscreensaver aside.  same result, though, of course,
> the selected screensavers reset.
>=20
> i forced a rebuild of the port.

I am seeing the same thing, but only with GL hacks, and only on my
-CURRENT machine.  I thought it was my embedded Intel graphics card
(this is the only machine that has such a card).  If I disable the GL
hacks, I get a more reliable xscreensaver.

I was waiting to see if X.Org 6.8.2 helped this any.

Joe