Date:      Fri, 6 Dec 2019 14:32:13 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel

On Fri, 6 Dec 2019 08:15:45 -0500, Jerry wrote:
> I recently installed the "x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel" from ports.
> There were no directions for its use. Do I have to add anything to the
> "/boot/loader.conf" file?

No. This is the driver for X11, which X will load automatically
if the supported hardware is found, or if forced to by xorg.conf
or a "partial configuration file" in the xorg.conf.d/ directory.

Only KMS-related drivers need to be loaded, via /boot/loader.conf,
/etc/rc.conf, or /etc/rc.local, whatever is the fashion now. ;-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany