Date:      Mon, 17 Aug 1998 15:45:49 -0700
From:      Jeff Kletsky <Jeff@Wagsky.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Increasing IP_FW_MAX_PORTS seems to fail

In order to pass H.323 conferencing, we need to increase the number of
ports explicitly called out in our ipfw configuration.  Currently running
-STABLE with a last CVSup of 980815.

After editing /usr/src/sys/netinet/ip_fw.h to reflect the increased number
of ports (16 attempted from original 10) and examining the .depend files
the following were 'make; make install'-ed:

/usr/src/sbin/ipfw
/usr/src/lkm/ipfw
(full kernel build and install)

Upon reboot, ipfw does not function, with the error message:

ip_fw_ctl: len=104, want 116

(somewhat confusing since ip_fw.h says:
* Warning: setsockopt() will fail if sizeof(struct ip_fw) > MLEN (108)
)

As a "last resort" I have also tried 'make -DNOCLEAN buildworld; make
-DNOCLEAN installworld' followed by a full kernel rebuild -- with the same
results.  I have not yet tried a *full* make world, hoping that this can be
changed without it.

What am I missing?

TIA,

Jeff