Date:      Sat, 29 Jun 2002 20:02:49 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Jan Rocho <kraftwerk@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   x-server remote connection problem

Hi!

There is another X-Problem. I have two computers, one running Linux and the
other running FreeBSD. When I ssh into my linux system and do
export DISPLAY="192.168.1.2:0" and then start an application I get a
conncetion error message. It can't connect to the X-Server on my FreeBSD system. I
have however allowed all connections to the X-Server (xhost +). So that should
work. Then I portscanned my FreeBSD system and found out that there is no
Port for the X-Server open. How do get around that problem?

Thanks,

Jan

http://www.gmx.net