Date:      Sat, 10 Aug 2002 12:03:39 -0400
From:      Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>
To:        "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad T23 Coming Out of Sleep

--==_Exmh_26417457P

> Andy, please wrap your lines at some reasonable length (72-75)!

Sorry, exmh's defaults are a little wacky in some areas..

> > I've seen this about once every 2-3 weeks on my Omnibook 6000 which
> > generally gets suspended/resumed at least twice a day (and sometimes
> > as many as 10-15, if the trackpoint is a little recaltriant coming
> > out of sleep mode - I /hate/ the touchpad)..
>
> Have you tried the HOOKRESUME (and, if that does not do it,
> INITAFTERSUSPEND) flag on the psm device in your kernel. HOOKRESUME
> (0x2000) did the trick for my IBM T30.

I've got both PSM_HOOKRESUME and PSM_RESETAFTERSUSPEND in the kernel
conf, and have had for a long time. It's hard to tell with any certainty
if they actually make any difference at all.

It's a little sub-optimal, as I'd actually *like* the touchpad to get
disabled and use the trackpoint all the time (sometimes you get a stray
mouse click from the touchpad when typing, if you're careless).

In Real Life (TM), the touchpad never fails to come back...

> Do you have 'options AUTO_EOI_1'? If so, try removing it. I doubt you
> do, as it seems to make my T30 hang like this almost every time.

Nope.

This "wedge-on-reboot" seems to be an Omnibook-specific issue that
appeared around the time the PC-CARD interrupt handling got reworked.

Apparently, upgrading the BIOS fixes it, but I'm a little reluctant to
take this step because everything else works perfectly - and I've got so
used to shutting down rather than rebooting, that it's only crashes and
auto-reboots (e.g. from 'sysinstall') that tickle this here now... :)

Cheers,

AS

--==_Exmh_26417457P

--==_Exmh_26417457P--