Date:      Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:01:10 -0500
From:      Brian McCann <bjmccann@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ggatec & ggated question/issue

Hi all.  Since this is only in STABLE, figured I'd try here first,
then in -questions.  I'm playing around with ggatec and ggated, and
would like to eventually be able to mirror a partition over the
network...but for now I've just exported /dev/da1s1d as RO, created
the ggate device on the client as RO, mounted it as RO (and tried
using async as well), and when I make  change on the server, I NEVER
see it on the client without unmounting and remounting the client.
What's odd, is say I make file 1 by doing:

#echo "foo" > /share/bar

Then mounting the client, I see the file.  Now I delete the file on
the server, I can still cat the file on the client.  It's like the
client can still read the old superblock or something.  Any ideas on
why this is doing this, or how to make it work so the client sees what
the server sees?

Thanks,
--Brian