Date:      Sun, 27 Dec 2015 22:42:50 +0000
From:      Ben Lavery <ben.lavery@hashbang0.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   VirtualBox paravirtualisation for FreeBSD guest?

Hullo all,

I've got a Mac Pro I use for streaming media to an AppleTV and want to =
run a FreeBSD VM on the spare resources.  I'm planning on using =
VirtualBox and have seen in more recent versions that it offers various =
paravirtualisation interfaces =
(https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch10.html#gimproviders).  Setting up =
a new VirtualBox VM for various Linux distros seems to select different =
paravirtualisation interfaces, but nothing but Default for FreeBSD.

To install and use FreeBSD 10.2 in VirtualBox 5, am I best off to stick =
with the defaults, or can I gain better performance/support by choosing =
a certain paravirtualisation interface?  And if so which one?  I know =
that GENERIC has Hyper-V support, so I=E2=80=99m wondering if that would =
be a sensible option=E2=80=A6

Many thanks,
Ben=