Date:      Fri, 05 Sep 1997 02:04:35 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
To:        spork <spork@super-g.com>
Cc:        Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>, Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anyway to get connect speed with usermode ppp/tun0 device?

> > that, and the NT RAS won't talk to my null-modem cable (the breakout
> > box says it's putting up the correct lines, but the RAS never sees
> > anything, and the client sends stuff and never gets a reply) !!!!
>
> I know this sounds silly, but have you tried chatting with NT and typing:
>
> RING
>
> RING
>
> CONNECT 28800
>
> RAS is a bit strange; I don't think it puts a modem in AA, it just waits
> for the modem to tell it there's a ring and then waits for CONNECT
> results...

Thanks for the suggestion.  I can get RAS to attempt to "initialize"
the modem now, but *always* at 19200 :(

The only speeds that I can connect at are 4800, 9600, 14400 & 28800
(hmmm, *very* modemy), but irrespective of which speed I use, RAS
always sets the port speed to 19200 and says "initializing modem"
'till I drop DTR.

I get a small amount of garbage - consistent garbage - but I can't
seem to get things to agree.

Arrrgggghhh !

--
Brian <brian@awfulhak.org>, <brian@freebsd.org>