Date:      Thu, 21 Jun 2001 14:55:02 -0400
From:      Omachonu Ogali <missnglnk@informationwave.net>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@info.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: picobsd and mdconfig

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 06:18:47PM +0200, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> would you mind resubmitting a patch for the version of
> "picobsd" i committed this morning, also keeping in mind the
> following:

That patch was based off of your 8:49AM (revision 1.7) commit
this morning.

> * it would be better to define a variable, say MD, which holds
>   the string "vn" or "md", and is used in accessing the memory
>   device, so we have mostly the same script working on both current
>   and stable with just a one-line change.

The method of allocating and releasing a md and vn are
different, would it be too much to maintain two different
scripts (-stable and -current) until mdconfig replaces
its counterpart?

> * you are recursively gzipping files in /etc now, so you should
>   also modify the mfs_tree/etc/rc script which decompresses things;
>   This might be annoying as gzip is unable to recurse in a
>   directory tree.

Good idea, I missed that.

> * re. the CONFIG variable... it does not seem to give problem with
>   the version i committed this morning. I think there was a bug
>   in the previous commit, but now it should be ok.

On line 336 of the script, you export dead air, resulting in
no program being passed to Makefile.conf, my snippet of code
at the bottom should be removed and a more appropriate line
inserted after line 62 along the lines of:

CONFIG=${CONFIG:-config}

I missed that portion of that script when I was looking at it
this morning.

> * i am not sure the way you handle arguments is correct, from your
>   patch it appears that you ignore THETYPE (first argument) if there
>   are not two arguments. This is wrong, the second argument is optional.

Yeah, that should be $1 not $2.

> 	thanks
> 	luigi
Omachonu Ogali