Date:      Mon, 19 Oct 1998 15:45:01 -0400
From:      Paul MacKenzie <paul@elehost.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Multilink PPP problem w/ second connection (latest version FREE BSD 2.2.7)

Hello,

I am trying to get multilink PPP working with an ISP that says they support
it...

I have the latest version of PPP, and free bsd 2.2.7

I am able to get one connection running, but when the second connection
starts up it after a little bit causes both to drop...

The error I am getting is related to the following listed on the screen

IPCP: 1: SendConfigAck (4) State = Ack-Sent
IPCP: COMPROTO [6] 14 VJ Slots w/o Slot compression
IPCP: IpAddr [6] 209.20.14.3
IPCP: 1: SendConfigReq(3) State=Ack-Sent
IPCP: IPADDR [6] 0.0.0.0
IPCP: COMPROTO [6] 14 VJ Slots w/o Slot compression
IPCP: IpAddr [6] 209.20.14.3
IPCP: 1: SendConfigAck(5) State=Ack-Sent
and it does this a bit more then disconnects...

any ideas?

Does the connection go through the same tunnelling device?

Thanks

Paul

"Compassion is the only true answer to suffering"