Date:      Sat, 20 Nov 1999 23:59:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Jason Craig <nemesys@home.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Compile new kernel with MCA support

On Sat, 20 Nov 1999, Jason Craig wrote:
> I applied the patch, and it patched successfully.
> I did the usual /usr/sbin/config KERNEL, then make depend, and then make.
> During the make it bombed out and gave this message:

Right, I missed that.  :/

> I think I found the problem though.  In the mca_mp.patch file the line + MCA
> 4, I think it should read + MCA = 4,.

Indeed.

> I changed the mpapic.h manually, and it compiled the rest of the
> kernel. However I have one more problem, probably not related to MCA
> now, but rather SMP in general.

If the system operates normally with a non SMP kernel then you may be
correct though I'm not sure if any additional changes are needed to
support SMP operation on an MCA system.

Maybe a dump of your mptable would be useful?

We may want to move this to the SMP mailing list.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |