Date:      Mon, 13 Dec 1999 17:47:30 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
Cc:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>, Mikel <mikel@ocsny.com>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hiya hiya

> On Mon, 13 Dec 1999, Mike Smith wrote:
>
> > There are really only two sensible suggestions at the moment:
> >
> >  - Sony Vaio 505RX, if you want light and functional
> >  - Dell Inspiron 7500, if you want a massive screen
>
> My Dell Latitude CPt has a massive screen (note: this is not the one
> I had at FreeBSDcon.) 14.1", I believe.

The 7500 comes with a 15.5" screen at 1280x1024, or a 15.1" screen at
1400x1050.  Nobody else is currently actually shipping screens this large.
(IBM were offering a 770Z with a 1280x1024 screen, but they couldn't
 deliver when I ordered one.)

The i7500 is also giving me the best part of 5 hours out of a single
battery (more like 4 if I have something like a world build running).
Given that it can take two at a time, and you can swap them while it's
going, I'm very happy with it in it's role as principal work machine.