Date:      Thu, 20 Nov 2014 23:17:35 +0000
From:      Ian Lord <lordi@msdi.ca>
To:        "doceng@FreeBSD.org" <doceng@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "ports@FreeBSD.org" <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: ghostscript9-9.06_8

Hi,

Sorry to bother you, but I have a question about the ghostscript9 port...

We have some issues with imageMagick which has a dependencie to this port a=
nd I've been told the problem is due to the old version of ghostscript I am=
 using...

>From this release history page: http://www.ghostscript.com/doc/current/Hist=
ory9.htm#Version9.07

It seem the version 9.06 was released more than 2 years ago and there is no=
 new release in the ports tree since then.

Is there a reason (perhaps the license change to AGPL) or a compatibility p=
roblem that prevents to go higher than 9.06 ?

I don't have the competency to update the port myself but if you need someo=
ne to make tests, I'll be more than happy to.

Regards

Ian Lord
MSD Informatique
143 Rue des Fauvettes