Date:      Wed, 12 Sep 2001 00:25:10 +0200
From:      Julio Merino <juli@merino.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Colors in ls

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 07:08:40AM -0500, ns2.nerpnet.com admin wrote:
> I just install gnuls from ports: /usr/ports/misc/gnuls, and add this line=
> my /etc/profile:
> alias ls=3D'gnuls -shFa --color'

Yes, I also install gnuls. I've also setup my profile so it checks if I'm
on FreeBSD, NetBSD or Linux and selects the appropiate version also dependi=
ng
if it finds gnuls, colorls or simple ls.

But I want bold colors to throw gnuls. Why? Well, bsd's ls has some more
"features" than the gnu one. For example, it can show file's flags, wheter
gnuls can't on bsd systems...

Thanks for everybody who answered this.

>=20
>=20