Date:      Thu, 28 Dec 2006 14:28:29 +0200
From:      Vasil Dimov <vd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Nils Vogels <nivo+d+1167910424.4ddd7f@is-root.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to construct this port?

--a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C

On Thu, Dec 28, 2006 at 12:32:13PM +0100, Nils Vogels wrote:
> Hi !
>=20
> I'm trying to set up a new port, but I'm unsure how to proceed, until
> now I've only maintained already existing ports.
>=20
> The port is a plugin for an already existing port, giving extra
> functionality, but is maintained as a seperate package.
>=20
> In order to compile the port, you need a sourcetree of both the original
> port and the port of the plugin, where the sourcetree of the original
> port has to have been ./configure-d
>=20
> How would I go about this?

Try something like BUILD_DEPENDS=3D/nonexistent:${PORTSDIR}/cat/port:config=
ure

This is documented in
http://www.FreeBSD.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/makefile-depend.html

Good luck!

--=20
Vasil Dimov
gro.DSBeerF@dv
%
A language that doesn't have everything is
actually easier to program in than some that do.
                -- Dennis M. Ritchie

--a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C

--a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C--