Date:      Sun, 5 May 1996 14:25:52 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        jdli@FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: /compat code on -stable

It seems that Jian-Da Li said:
> 	Should I do extra patches to run FreeBSD and Linux ELF binaries
> 	on 2.2-960501-SNAP ?!

I don't think so. You'll need to get a set of Linux ELF libraries and ld.so
to run Linux  binaries. You'll have  to wait a  little for full FreeBSD ELF
support as the loader knows how  to run them  but we don't have neither the
ld.so not the ELF libc support in.

Work in  progress. ELF libc  support is coming just  right now (look at the
commit messages).

--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #14: Tue Apr 30 21:08:35 MET DST 1996