Date:      Wed, 17 May 2000 09:55:19 -0700
From:      Nick Sayer <nsayer@sftw.com>
To:        Gary Roberts <garyr@wcs.uq.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rpm and WordPerfect Office 2000

Gary Roberts wrote:

> > Has anyone tried to evaluate pros and cons of the various office
> > suites?
> >
> > 1)  Applixware - native
> > 2)  StarOffice - linux
> > 3)  WordPerfect - linux
> > 4)  anything - Wine
> > 5)  ???

5) anything - vmware

--

I have Applixware for Linux running under the linuxulator (I bought it before

it was available natively), and it's pretty good as a standalone word
processor. I don't use anything else in it. The only time it annoys me is
when I try and import MS documents, which invariably fall apart. But I
blame Microsoft for that, since they morph the .doc format frequently
to screw everyone not running Office.