Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 97 19:25:24 +0000
From:      oconnorr@pharos.ucc.ie
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installing FreeBSD

I have a new PC which I am very apprehensive of messing around with  (ie
partitioning etc.) as it is only two weeks old. I wish to install
FreeBSD but need a few answers before I attempt anything.
 The PC is a Gateway 2000 Pentium 200mhz MMX with a 3.8GB hard drive
(2GB drive C, 1.8 GB drive D, Mitsumi 12X CD-ROM on drive E)
I have 32MB's of RAM and sound card, 17" monitor etc and have Win95 on
drive C:  .
What I want is to have is an option when I boot up to either go into
Win95 or freeBSD Xwindows .If I was going to install FreeBSD on the PC
from a CD-ROM would that mean erasing everything that is there at the
moment or could I erase whats on the existing D: drive and install it
there? Normally I would head straight into the installation but since I
have never installed FreeBSD before and my computer costing so much I
would be very appreciative if these questions could be answered or a
step by step guide that I can point my web browser at to get the details
on putting the two operating systems on one PC.
Thanks in Advance,

Richard O'Connor