Date:      Thu, 06 May 1999 12:52:37 -0800
From:      Russ Pagenkopf <jnrp@uas.alaska.edu>
To:        Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
Cc:        russ.pagenkopf@uas.alaska.edu, Arabian <Arabian@DAL.NET>, FreeBSD-Hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I Want to build good machine.

<much cutting and sniping including attributions>

>> Arabian wrote:
>> I would like to build P II 450 Machine, I'll use 2.2.8-STABLE, what's The
>> Best Motherboard, hard drive, and ethernet card, note this machine will
>> have very big load on the ethernet so, I want stable ethernet card which
>> can deal with heavy load as well. the machine bandwidth will be 10 Mbps,
>> and connected to 100 Mbps lan.
>
> I was meaning to help choose a reliable
> LAN card. After all, doesn't ftp.cdrom.com have a single Intel card
> that's running virtually flat out 24hrs/day?

From the Micron site:

"Network Card
The NetFRAME 9200 features an Intel® PRO/100+ Server Adapter. the PRO/100+
supports Wired for Management v.1.1, offers high-link availability through
Adapter Fault Tolerance, and the bandwidth can be scaled up to 800Mbps,
through the use of additional PRO/100+ adapters. The Intel PRO/100+ relies on
four key technologies to increase server performance and availability: Adapter
Fault Tolerance, Adaptive Load Balancing, Fast EtherChannel (FEC), and
Adaptive Technology. More information on these technologies is avaialable on
Intel's web site at:

http://www.intel.com/network/white_papers/optimizing_server.htm. "

Russ Pagenkopf