Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 1995 12:34:05 +0100
From:      Gary Palmer <gary@palmer.demon.co.uk>
To:        tomppa@fidata.fi
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD EISA ethercard support

In message <199507120816.LAA02657@zeta.fidata.fi>, Tomi Vainio writes:
>My card is SMC 8232. I think chips on board are SMC ultra chip and
>83790. I will check this later.

After playing with an SMC EISA 100bT card at work, I've come to the
conclusion that we'll be lucky to find any SMC EISA cards that we
can/will/do support. It seems (at least for 100bT) that they have gone
with one of these custom chipsets which they are reluctant to part
with specs on, and I don't doubt that they have done the same for
most, if not all, of the rest of their EISA range :-(

DEATH TO NDA'S!

Gary