Date:      Sun, 4 Jun 1995 09:23:54 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Bob Willcox <bob@luke.pmr.com>
To:        dufault@hda.com (Peter Dufault)
Cc:        wilcox@math.psu.edu, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NCR53c710 VLB SCSI Driver.

Peter Dufault wrote:

> Ken Wilcox writes:
> >

> > 	I don't know if this was asked before hear as I am new to all of the FreeBSD
> > world, but not new to Unix, but has anyone even attempted to port the
> > NCR 53c710 driver for FreeBSD. I desperately need it and I am not that much of
> > a coding guru. I would be willing to test things if someone wants to blindly
> > attempt some code writing, or you could just tell me where to begin_hack and
> > I will try to do it myself, although you could imagine the mess I might make
> > out of the poor scsi disk. Thanks for anything.
>
> Which driver are you referring too?  I have an Acculogic VESApport
> VL-Bus adapter with the NCR 53C720 in house for a while that I'm
> working on, and I will try to bring up support for it.  I'm not
> sure what the differences between the 710 and the 720 are.

Wide vs. narrow, similar to the differences between the 810 and
the 820/825.  I ported the AIX 720 driver to run on the 810 equiped
PowerPC systems a couple of years ago.  Biggest difference was in
the configuration.  I have data books for the 720, 810, & 825 in
case I could help with any specific questions.

BTW: I have a vested interest in the NCR driver.  My two primary
systems here are using them since recently upgrading them to
Pentiums.  (Also, since I just retired from IBM 4 days ago, I no
longer have a conflict of interest. :-)

--
Bob Willcox
bob@luke.pmr.com (or obiwan%bob@uunet.uu.net)