Date:      Thu, 28 Oct 1999 05:25:09 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        van.woerkom@netcologne.de
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ES1370 vs NCR53c810

Marc van Woerkom wrote:

> Now that there are a couple of people using Ensoniq based soundcards
> around, I would like to ask if I am still the only one I know of, who
> has conflicts between PCI soundcard and SCSI controller?

I do not have a solution, but another suggestion.
If you read the README for the DiskOnChip driver
(a solid state flash disk) in /usr/src/sys/contrib/dev/fla/README

it mentions how certain SCSI controllers clash with the
Disk On Chip which takes an 8k block of memory in the
bit between 640k and 1 Meg.

My Disk on Chip takes a block of memory from 0xdc00 onwards.

Anyway, this is just a thought.

(Be carefull not to confuse memory blocks with Port addresses, which
are in a different address space.)

Roger