Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2011 12:08:23 -0800
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        Edgar Valdes <edgargvaldes@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache22 Roadblock

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 10:32:56AM -0800, Edgar Valdes wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>
> Having a good head scratchier this morning. This morning I powercycled the
> server only to find that apache would no longer start. mind you this server
> was put together last week and was running without issue over the weekend.
> the only thing that had changed was the ip.
>
> so I did what anyone else would of done when apache does not start:
> #apachectl start
> >/usr/local/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started
>
> Huh... ok... So next thing to do is to check the error logs:
> >tail /var/log/httpd-error.log
> >/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/php/20060613/zlib.so: Undefined symbol
> "OnUpdateInt"
>
> It's at this point I'm stuck at. Been googling around for the past 2 hours
> and have not found anything specific to this problem. Can anyone point me in
> the right direction please?
>

> Regards,
>
> Edgar V.

	Bear in mind this caveat: that I have been having and still Am
	having a series of networking [and releated] problems.  Taking
	this a bit further, my experience has been that one's web server
	and DNS stuff are the bane of existance.  That's just the blunt
	truth when you run a high-end OS like FBSD.  Okay, off-soapbox.

	The first place you should check is php5-extensions.  Do a
	``# make config'' and checkmark zlib.so [or similar].  Build and
	install this extensions port and check the initiations [.ini]
	file in /usr/local/etc/php/ to be sure it lists zlib.so; then
	reboot.  Better to let the system re-init everything from
	scratch.

	good luck!!