Date:      Sun, 06 Sep 1998 10:18:35 PDT
From:      "saqib khan" <khansaqib@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   BSD PPP problem

Hi,

I have recently installed FreeBSD on my machine, nad have configured the
Dail-in PPP on it. The setup works fine, whenever I connect from my home
win95 laptop, and disconnet properly. Howeve if due to some reason the
connection terminates abruptly ( line problem etc.), the port on which
the mgetty is running hangs up  i.e the PPP session is not ternimated,
due to whihc i cannot reconnect. The modem does not go into ready state
again.
 I need to kill the PPP process on that port.

Is this a bug, or am i doing somethign wrong here.
will appariciate if you could reply on khansaqib@hotmail.com or at
skhan@khi.ncr.com.pk

ThanX